Jan 20, 2011

Quirky Quirks !

I am a rather quirky sort of person, even if I say so myself! Some colleagues at work were discussing quirks the other day and after I had rattled off a few of mine to them the general consensus was that I am the undisputed queen of quirks. That conversation as well as this post by Scribbler inspired me to write a few of my eccentricities here! 
  • Now this really weird - I write with my right hand but I sew and use a knife or scissors (to cut things) with my left hand. I can’t write with my left hand or sew or cut with my right-hand tho !
  • I absolutely can’t stand it if people dog ear books. If I ever see you dog- earing one of mine – God help you!
  • I simply can’t fall asleep without reading at night. If I am not at home and I don’t have a book with me I stay awake for hours.
  • Plane journeys are real tortures because all I do is think about sharing the same space and breathing in the same air as so many people. It sort of freaks me out.
  • Sometimes I get this urge to re-read certain sections of a book that I have already read. And I can’t rest in peace till I have picked up that book and read that portion. If the book was a borrowed one, I simply have to buy the book and read what I want to.
  • I can never bring myself to eat leftovers. If there are leftovers most probably they’ll get thrown/given away ( I know, I know it’s not a good thing)
  • I need my space and hate it if I am always surrounded by people. I have to have an hour of “Me Time” everyday or I become horribly cranky.
  • As the regular readers of this blog might know, I am a chronic list maker. I simply can’t survive without a list.
  • I hate it if my food touches in my plate. If my chapatti is soiled by some curry or vegetable I find it icky. Yes I do dip my chapatti in the curry before I eat it. I just want to do it myself and not have it touch other food on my plate.
  • According to me, Rice is supposed to be eaten in combinations with rajma or kadhi or dal makhani. I can’t really understand how people can eat rice with any vegetable or curry. (Yeah I guess thats the North Indian in me speaking!).
  • I see dried leaves on the path and I absolutely have to step on them. What to do I love the crunchy feeling!
  • I am at my brightest from 4 am to 8 am. All important work, serious thinking, decision making is done at that time .After 9.30 pm my brain cells are just about dead. I simply can’t function!
  • I need sunshine as much as I need air to breathe. Sunless days leave me morose and very depressed.
  • I get into these funny creative moods. When I think of something I absolutely have to write it down then and there. God help anyone who tries to disturb me when I am in those moods. I will either not answer or I will snap at the person. Actually most probably I’ll just snap! Another thing is, you ask me to write something creative and perhaps for hours, even days my well of creativity will just about run dry and I’ll just sit around dawdling my thumbs. Then suddenly something clicks and I will dash off a good article or blog post in minutes!
Now that you know weird I am, I hope you are not going to run away and desert my blog :)

15 comments:

  1. I know you....and i'm still around, after how many yrs!!! hehehe.
    Nice job again. Love, Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. @whatsinamane - And what would I ever do without you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ditto on dog earing the book..I hate that!

    I need my space and time too and when I want it I want it !

    wow ditto again on the list part..I think that keeps me and my work organized :)

    hahah not deserting your blog Ruchira...as you said on my post..you've company ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are indeed Queen of Quirks! I reach nowhere near you in quirkiness (or do I?? Will have to think about it) The first one is awesome quirk to have! :D
    I share a few of your quirks, the most important being the need for 'me time' :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Godd! I can relate to u on sooo many things there! The urge to re-read then and there, the soiled rotis thing and that sick feeling of breathing the same air :P :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Godd! I can relate to u on sooo many things there! The urge to re-read then and there, the soiled rotis thing and that sick feeling of breathing the same air :P :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL at the food that cant tough -- you remind me of the lil boy in the "Curious incident of the dog in the night time" :D

    And agree with you on the space -- MY TIME

    and sharing the space and air -- only, i feel it MOST in a smaller vehicle and elevators!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Scribbler – I guess great minds think alike  Glad to meet someone equally quirky as me !
    @Shail – Thank you:) (Ruch takes a bow). Yeah the left and right hand thing is rather unique !
    @Swaram –that’s why I buy most of the books I want to read ! I keep rereading them ! Food touching is icky ! so is breathing in the same air :)
    @alphabetworld- Really am I that bad – since I remind you of the boy in curious case ..:-)
    Smaller vehicles are Ok. I can open the windows. Lifts are to be avoided at all costs !

    ReplyDelete
  9. you sure have company...i hate people who dog ear books too...i so need my me time everyday...

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was nice meeting you . And now it's even better knowing you :)
    Thank God we met in your brightest time of the day.

    You sure are the queen of quirks ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. @sangeeta - was great meeting you too ! yeah I am rather quirky ! after all I am the queen of quirks :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need my space and hate it if I am always surrounded by people. I have to have an hour of “Me Time” everyday or I become horribly cranky.

    According to me, Rice is supposed to be eaten in combinations with rajma or kadhi or dal makhani. I can’t really understand how people can eat rice with any vegetable or curry.

    I need sunshine as much as I need air to breathe. Sunless days leave me morose and very depressed.
    I get into these funny creative moods.

    I can totally relate to the above 3 points happens with me all the time

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are certainly not alone ... I have such a big smile on my face, as I can truly identify with most of these. However, I am at my best between 2 a.m. and 6 a.m., Central time .... they call it the darkest hours before the dawn.

    ReplyDelete

 

Tall Girl in Japan Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates